Yesterday we went to the Trona Salt Mines which was not located underground as I pictured it to be. The Trona Salt Mines is more of a flat surface area with salt deposits underground. The salt deposits underground would slowly crystallized causing them to form into a large Trona Salt rock shape.
Miners would dig up the salt by using car hoods from their vehicles. They would tie both ends of the hood with the rope placing it in the trona, so once the hood collected the salt, the miners would pull out the hood with the salt attached to the hood. Such an interesting way of collecting salt!
Another interesting fact I learned yesterday is that the salt is not edible. This certain salt is usually used to create glass objects and for carbon carbonated medicines.
Overall, I learned a numerous amount of information today about the Trona Salt Mines. :)
Christy Lopez



No comments:
Post a Comment