Monday, May 19, 2014

A Bittersweet Wake-Up

I woke up this morning and it hit me suddenly, this is our last full day and my what an experience it has been. I am excited to participate in the Least Tern Census. While the kayaking and snorkeling are also fun, I favor the activities that are directly related to the research aspect. I believe all of us are starting to thrive in this biological research environment.

I also have enjoyed the activities that discuss ecotourism. I think it's fascinating that they are using the environment specific to them to create awareness and benefit positively. It reminds me of mutualism in fish but extended. When we ate several days ago at the little restaurant after kayaking, the ecotourism benefits both the people and the organisms. The organisms benefit from their habitat having less damage or loss and the people benefit from having the opportunity to become sustainable. All in all I cannot believe this experience is coming to a close. Here's to the last day filled with research, presentations, quiz studying and one last adventure filled day!

-Angelica Deliz

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. yay for ecotourism! I've loved getting to know you on this trip.

    ReplyDelete